Instructions to Authors
The journal POLJOPRIVREDA/AGRICULTURE (ISSN 1330-7142) is published by the Faculty of Agriculture in Osijek and Agricultural Institute Osijek. The journal publishes original research from the following fields: plant production, animal science, soil science, ecology and agricultural economics. The papers are published in both the Croatian and English language. Papers are accepted on the understanding that they have not been and will not be published elsewhere. Inferences, summaries, synopses, dissertations as well as presentations at symposia are not considered as published papers. Book surveys or their reviews, short translations and communications covering agriculture field may also be published in the journal supplement.
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following instructions:
- Maximum paper scope (including tables, graphs, figures and other supplements) is 10 printed pages of A4 format (line spacing 1.5), dissertation summary 250 words and book review 1 page.
- Text should be written in MS Word text editor, font Times New Roman. All margins should be 2.5 cm.
- Automatic rows numbering should be used.
- The whole text should be written in letters sized 11 pt, except head title (12 pt), authors' names and addresses, summaries and graphs and tables description (10 pt). Head title and subtitles of the sections should be written in bold type capital letters.
- Initial paragraph must not be drawn in, nor can key tabulators be used, paragraphs should be divided by ENTER key.
- Automatic page numbering should be used (position bottom right).
- Full authors' names with titles, occupations, e-mail of corresponding author and addresses of the institutions they work at (letter size 10, italic) should be placed at the bottom of the first page below 3 cm long line, they are not allowed to be written in the automatic footnote program. In case of footnote writing, automatic footnotes are advised.
- Authors cited in the paper must not be written in bold or italic type nor in capital letters.
- Graphs, figures and schemes should be as clear as possible and easy to survey. They must be saved in MS Word editor and edited as part of the paper (in the text). Titles as well as headers of tables, graphs, figures and schemes of the papers written in the Croatian language must be translated in English and vice versa. If the paper is written in Croatian,titles of tables, graphs, figures and schemes should be written in bold type letters, whereas English translations of their titles as well as contents should be written in italic normal type letters and vice versa. Colour graphs and figures are not welcome.
- In papers written in the Croatian language, decimal numbers (in text and tables) should be written using commas, e.g. P = 0,01. In papers written in the English language, decimal numbers (in text and tables) should be written using the decimal point, e.g. P = 0.01. In Croatian texts and tables, a point should also be placed after all mentioned years.
- Titles, summaries, key-words, tables and graphs of the papers printed in Croatian language must be written in English (italic) and vice versa. English version of summary and key-words in the Croatian printed text is placed at the end of the paper after References chapter and vice versa.
Papers will be reviewed by at least 2 reviewers from corresponding field and proofread after acceptance. Reviewers will classify papers as: original scientific paper, scientific review, preliminary communication, conference paper and professional paper. All papers have UDK classification number (a paper is classified per certain fields).
Manuscript should be divided into the following sections:
TITLE: Should be as short as possible, informative and written in capital letters, bold type, and font 12 pt. Authors surname and the initial of authors’ name without academic titles should be placed below the title. Each author’s name should be followed by an exponent if authors do not work in the same institution (bold and italic type, font 11 pt).
SUMMARY: Is cited and published in international databases, so it must be written in informative way and has to be able to stand alone. A Summary should include main objectives, materials, results and short conclusion of the paper. It should be written in bold and italic type, font 10 pt, with limit of 200 words. Up to six key-words is recommended, for incorporating into information systems, which must be written in bold and italic type, font 10 pt.
INTRODUCTION: Should give a brief introduction to the research problem, short review of relevant literature with reference to the current knowledge about the problem and at the end should present the scientific questions (objectives/aims) of proposed paper.
MATERIAL AND METHODS: Material and Methods should be written with enough details to allow others to repeat the experiment. New or modified methods should be described in details whereas for widely familiar methods reference should be cited.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION: Obtained results should be presented graphically or in tables together with their statistical evaluation. Results should be interpreted objectively and confronted with results of other authors. Care should be taken in avoiding repeated data in tables, graphs and again in the text.
CONCLUSION: Contains synthesis of the investigations and results, and provides answers to proposed scientific questions.
REFERENCES: References should be numbered and listed alphabetically according to the surname of the first author. Full data are required (authors, year, reference name, editor, pages and DOI number,e.g. http://dx.doi.org/10.18047/poljo.21.1.7, must be added if the paper has it).
Final versions of the manuscript, corrected according to reviewers’ opinions, must be sent to Editorial Board by e-mail.