Instructions to Authors
The journal POLJOPRIVREDA/AGRICULTURE (ISSN 1330-7142) is published by the Faculty of Agrobiotechnical Sciences Osijek and Agricultural Institute Osijek. The journal publishes original research from the following fields: plant production, animal science, soil science, ecology and agricultural economics.
The papers are published in both the Croatian and English language. Papers are accepted on the understanding that they have not been and will not be published elsewhere. Inferences, summaries, synopses, dissertations as well as presentations at symposia are not considered as published papers. Book surveys or their reviews, short translations and communications covering agriculture field may also be published in the journal supplement.
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following instructions:
- Papers should not exceed (including tables, graphs, figures etc.) 10 printed pages, and for a scientific review 15 pages of A-4 format (line spacing 1.5), dissertation summary 250 words, and book review 1 page.
- The text must be submitted in a .doc/.docx format (Microsoft Word) and arranged in one column.
- The whole text should be written in Times New Roman, letters sized 11 pt, except head title (12 pt), authors’ names and addresses, summaries and graphs and tables description (10 pt). The head title and subtitles of the sections should be written in bold type capital letters.
- All margins should be 2.5 cm. The initial paragraph must not be drawn in, nor can key tabulators be used, paragraphs should be divided by ENTER key.
- Automatic page numbering (position bottom right) and automatic rows numbering should be used.
- Graphs, figures and photographs should be as clear as possible and easy to survey. Colour graphs and figures are not welcome. Titles, as well as headers of tables, graphs, figures and schemes of the papers written in Croatian language, must be translated into English and vice versa. If the paper is written in Croatian language titles of tables, graphs, figures and diagrams should be written in bold type letters whereas English translations of their titles as well as contents should be written in italic normal type letters and vice versa.
- Figures (photographs, graphs) should be submitted as part of the main text but they also must be submitted each as a separate document (Microsoft Word). Such a document should be named as follows: a generic name of the figure and the figure title (for example: Figure 1. Photosynthetic efficiency index value).
- The figure title and description are integral parts of the text and not the figure and thus appear in the text and not the figure.
- Figures (photographs, graphs) must be of the highest possible quality and resolution (.tif, .png).
- Tables are preferably submitted not as images but as parts of the text. It is recommended that their formatting be as simple as possible.
- Full authors’ names with titles, occupations, e-mail of corresponding author and addresses of the institutions they work at (letter size 10, italic) should be placed at the bottom of the first page below 3 cm long line, they are not allowed to be written in the automatic footnote program. If it is possible, all authors should provide their ORCID identification.
- Contact details (full name and e-mail address) of the corresponding author should be clearly indicated.
- If the paper is financed or written as a part of the project, it is necessary to provide details of the project (project name and acronym, the name of financing organization, program within which the project is funded).
- Authors cited in the paper must not be written in bold or italic type nor in capital letters.
- Titles, summaries, key-words, tables and graphs of the papers printed in Croatian language must be written in English (italic) and vice versa. English version of summary and key-words in the Croatian printed text is placed at the end of the paper after References chapter and vice versa.
- All papers have UDK classification number (a paper is classified per certain fields) and DOI number.
Generally, all papers should be divided into the following sections:
TITLE: Should be as short as possible, informative and written in capital letters, bold type, and font 12 pt. Authors surname and initial of authors’ name without academic titles should be placed below the title. Each authors name should be followed by an exponent if authors do not work in the same institution (bold and italic type, font 11 pt).
SUMMARY: Is cited and published in international databases, so it must be written in an informative way and has to be able to stand alone. A Summary should include main objectives, materials, results and short conclusion of the paper. It should be written in bold and italic type, font 10 pt, with a limit of 200 words. Up to six key-words is recommended, for incorporating into information systems, which must be written in bold and italic type, font 10 pt.
INTRODUCTION: Should give a brief introduction to the research problem, a short review of relevant literature with reference to the current knowledge about the problem and at the end should present the scientific questions (objectives/aims) of the proposed paper.
MATERIAL AND METHODS: Material and Methods should be written with enough details to allow others to repeat the experiment. New or modified methods should be described in details whereas for widely familiar methods reference should be cited.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION: Obtained results should be presented graphically or in tables together with their statistical evaluation. Results should be interpreted objectively and confronted with results of other authors. Care should be taken in avoiding repeated
data in tables, graphs and again in the text.
CONCLUSION: Contains synthesis of the research and results, and provides answers to proposed scientific questions.
REFERENCES: References should be numbered and listed alphabetically according to the surname of the first author. The APA (American Psychological Association) referencing style should be used to cite all sources and DOI number must be added if a paper has it.
Papers will be reviewed by at least 2 reviewers from corresponding field and proofread after acceptance. Reviewers will classify papers as: original scientific paper, scientific review, preliminary communication and professional paper.
Authors retain the copyright of published papers but they assign publishing rights to the Faculty of Agrobiotechnical Sciences Osijek, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek and Agricultural Institute Osijek as original publishers for the manuscripts.
Journal Poljoprivreda/Agriculture applies the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 CC BY-NC Licence to all published papers, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.